Friday, May 4, 2012

Got Inspiration (& tardiness?)

Hi everyone,

Sorry, my inspiration for you is two days late. I guess I was caught up in my own inpsiration.

So I guess that's what I want to pass on to you: Don't let inspiration pass you by.

People always ask me, "Where do you get your ideas?"

The truth is, they get me. They are everywhere, in everything I experience. And they are there for everyone who choses to see them.

Embrace your inspirations, and let them embrace you. It is a hard thing to be a writer, but one thing we have is unlimited access to creativity. Everything you experience is a potential component for a story. Write it down, save it for later. I experienced something that became the basis of my novel SAVED BY THE MUSIC years before I had a clue what it was. But it was there, documented  in my computer when I realized I needed it.

A tree, a cat, a dumpster, a pothole....

A person you meet on line buying coffee at 7-11...

The scent of fresh grass....Your allergic reaction...

It is all inspiration if you just accept it.

Take the time to write things down.

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

The beauty is in your words.

-Selene

No comments:

Post a Comment