Thursday, June 21, 2012

Got Inspiration?


I'm a day late on this inspiration post--mainly because I had a bad day yesterday on a bunch of fronts and couldn't come up with anything peppy or inspirational. My mood just wouldn't let me go there.

As a writer, you have days like that, where you can't even bring yourself to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Some days I'd say you should push through and others you may just need to give yourself the day off.

But, wait, this is supposed to be an inspirational post. So here it is--take the feeling you get on those bad days and use it in your writing. Think about how you are feeling and the types of things you do. Do your feet drag? Is it impossible to smile? Do tears dot your eyes at various times during the day?

I've heard of writers who have broken bones and their first thought is, "I can use this!"

As a writer, the negative can almost always be turned around.

And as it says in the picture above in a quote by Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

~Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment