Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GOT INSPIRATION?



"A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere."
Joyce A. Myers

So pick up those pencils and start writing!

What do you use you write? I often jot my thoughts down with mechanical pencils. I keep a little journal with me for random thoughts, but will also grab any surface I can if something strikes me. For some reason, I love those little pencils. 

After that, I typically type. My handwriting is horrible and after all these years, my fingers can keep up with my ideas when they are typing far better than they can when I am scribbling on the page.

No matter what your method is, just do it. And keep dreaming!

~Shari  

And don't forget to scroll down to Monday's post and do some writing for this week's prompt! 

3 comments:

  1. Great quote, Shari, and Happy Birthday.

    I still like to write long hand, too. I have notebooks full of chapters and short stories covered with cross outs and arrows.

    Before it becomes undecipherable, I head for the keyboard.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone actually had to read my writing--it would be impossible. Thank goodness for computers!

    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had an idea to write more than one page for, I would use a pencil to write in a notebook. After that, if the idea goes far enough, I would type it out. Sometimes, I make changes I would have never thought of writing; It's kind of a spur of the moment type thing. I have Terrible handwriting too. If I wanted to write neat, it would take hours. I sort of adapted the note-jotting sloppy for school, or when I don't feel like writing.

    ReplyDelete